Faculty within the College of Engineering are in need of a secure website solution. To meet this need, Engineering IT is offering a faculty theme option that allows faculty members to create WordPress websites that are hosted at WP Engine.
Service Level Agreement Overview
Users of the WordPress Hosting Service are subject to a Service Level Agreement (SLA) which outlines the responsibilities of Engineering IT and the customer, and provides some general information on policies of Texas A&M University. In general, Engineering IT is the owner of the service, but the customer is the owner of the content on the web site.
The scope of this service will be active Engineering department faculty member and Engineering department research labs.
Websites for TEES research groups, initiatives, and centers will be requested through Engineering Communications.
Requests for websites will be made by the faculty member using the site request form.
Student organizations, professional societies, and clubs are responsible for the design, hosting, content, and maintenance of their websites related to their activities/affiliations. Suggested resources are the Department of Student Activities, Google Sites or purchased hosting.
Conference and workshop websites are not hosted under the WordPress service. See Conference Services.
Distribution of academic class information and or resources is outside the scope of the service due to accessibility concerns. Suggested alternative sources are Zoom, Google Campus, and Canvas. See Keep Teaching for more information.
Service Level Agreement
The customer will be responsible for:
- providing Engineering IT with the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of critical contact personnel
- ensuring that no FERPA, HIPPA, or confidential information is contained within the site
- making sure content stored within the website, or requested by the website:
- The Texas A&M Engineering logo displayed in the site header, the TEES logo, and Site Links in the footer are required branding elements.
- File storage is limited to website content
- Certain file types are not allowed on the site.
- Sites will be built in the WordPress content management system (CMS).
- WordPress sites are limited to 1GB in size
- Site maintenance including but not limited to:
- RSS feeds
- user access
- No FTP, SFTP, SSH or hosting level console access is provided to the site
- Security and management plugins are included with the site for Engineering IT use. These plugins may not be disabled or removed.
Engineering IT will not be responsible for:
- building websites
- site migrations
- maintaining or creating any content to be delivered by the service
- providing support for debugging website issues
- any copyright infringements caused by the unauthorized use of copyrighted material
- any authorizations, approvals, or payments for non-“tamu.edu” domains
- creation of subdomains for websites.
- migration of any and all content as a function of executing an exit strategy
Engineering IT will be responsible for:
- introductory information about getting started with the service
- the WordPress Template option, initial creation of website template
- providing a hostname in the engr.tamu.edu domain.